Powerlifting

• REP

I have seen a couple other powerlifters on here and wanted to create a thread of us to talk. I have competed in one competition with USAPL in the 66kg weight class. Set 6 Indiana State Raw Records. Probably going to move up a class because cutting wasn't fun. What is some others experiences and stories?

• Ive been competing in the 90kg raw class in USPA. I'm about 2 weeks out from my next meet in Florence, Kentucky. My goal is to break all the junior state records for my weight class. I need to beat 281 bench 462 dead and 380 squat. Last time I maxed was in November with a 265 bench 450 dead and 370 squat. My programming has been good so I'm pretty pumped to see what numbers I put up April 9th.

• I'm competing in my first USAPL meet in August. Shooting for a 1400 total in the raw 83kg class. Current training maxes are 435 squat, 315 bench, 590 deadlift with my next test week coming up in 4 weeks when I finish PH3.

Looking forward to competing in my first meet and hopefully qualifying for Collegiate nationals 2017.

• REP

@thefitmurse I suggest doing a mock meet. One thing that really helped me at the meet is having low openers. I kept thinking "I can do more weight, so why would I do a low opener". Nerves get to you and being in front of everyone and being judged will get you a little bit. Having an easy opener was a relief and the I was able to come out after that much hotter

• REP

@Nick-Chan I was at 450 deadlift and then after my week off and at competition, I got 463 and could have probably done more. Pre workout was nice

• i compete in both uspl and rps for about three years. cutting sucks but i feel its necessary at a point. my natural body weight is around 210. but i always wanted to compete at 181 and i would make it. but the cut would take alot alot of my strength. just be smart. good programs are layne nortins ph3 and canditos program. before breaking my leg i was squatting 500. 350 bench. and 605 dead. be smart when u compete and max it can push you back. try to lay off preworkout save it for meets or when u max. getting a higher max will push u further on other workouts when u add percentages. lets face it who likes an easy workout.

• @astrahle Oh yeah I've done mock meets. My openers will be about 93-95% of my training max. Bombing out is something I will definitely try my best not to do.

• Competing in my first meet, USPA, this Sunday in 220 lb class. planning on a 1300+ day.

• REP

This post is deleted!

• I am actually getting ready to compete in June. Been trying to cut to the 190 class again. All my maxes have stayed the same. Deadlift: 530 Squat: 465 bench:355. But I kinda pulled my Pectoral going for 365 so my bench max will be bad for the meet.

Looks like your connection to Campus Protein Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.