Aminos/BCAAs

• REP

Do you think they actually work?
    -I've been on the fence with deciding if they are worth spending the money on or not. Has anybody started trying them and seen major improvements in recovery/muscle building or should I not even bother getting them?

If they are all they're cracked up to be, should I take them instead of protein or take it all together?

• REP

When I take them, I feel better during my workout. The pre workout pump can only last so long, but sipping on aminos give me that extra energy during the workout. You should definitely try them; if you don't like them or find no changes, lesson learned.

• REP

@astrahle I don't want to learn a lesson :l

• REP

I've taken the Amino Energy and also the Musclepharm BCAA capsules. Anyone else have suggestions on any other good ones?

• REP

@Kody-A-Richardson Xtend is really good too. However, if you are going to do some cardio or something up tempo, I suggest using more water than it suggests. This is a fairly thick and flavorful drink, which I love, but is not the best for when doing cardio and being very thirsty.

Xtend by SciVation

See other Aminos

• REP

I've seen a difference yes. I was never sore when I took aminos religious during the day and since I ran out and yanno keep forgetting to order more I'm always sore. So need to get some ASAP

• REP

@Gabriella-Capogreco I think you should check out ISO-Amino or Xtend, if you need help let me know and if you order off my link I can hook you up with free stuff

ISO-Amino by MAN

See other Aminos

Xtend by SciVation

See other Aminos

• REP

@KFedermann according to the calculations on this community, im a rep so this is awkward...

• REP

BCCAs definitely work, your body uses amino acids when you workout, most abundantly it uses Leucine, Valine and Isoleucine and taking BCCAs helps replenish your body's store of those acidsand helps increase protein synthesis and helps muscle recovery and growth.

• REP

@Eddie-Matsushima Thank you, most scientific answer yet and everything I was looking for!

• REP

@KFedermann yeah for sure man anytime!!

• REP

@KFedermann it all depends on what and how your body accepts it. Everyone is different. I take it and I've taken it forever. I like Aminos it's like drinking Gatorade but healthier.

• BCAA's are free form of protein. They would be best used in a few situations.
    1 for fasted training:
    http://www.leangains.com/2010/05/early-morning-fasted-training.html

1. Between Meals 4-6 hours apart to help spike MPS to its greatest degree. This would allow protein levels to reach refractory stages before being spiked again.

http://www.slideshare.net/biolayne/optimal-protein-intake-and-meal-frequency-to-support-maximal-protein-synthesis-and-muscle-mass

Start at Slide #11

For most people they reach protein intake in the 24 hour period.BCAA's are simply that protein. If you are already reaching your protein intake the need for more would be goodies in the formula. For instance Citrulline, Hydromax, Agmatine, betaine, LCLT which are all ingredients to benefit your workout. Recovery, Performance and endurnace in tthe gym.minimal. People may find benefits and recovery from them because of the extra

• I'm a firm believer in taking BCAAs both during my workout and during my cardio. It feeds my muscle and helps it to repair. No way I'm letting all my hard work go to waste. I'm using ProSupps passion fruit mango right now. Sometimes on my off days I'll still take it to help with recovery. Make a slushy with it and it's delicious.

• I think BCAA's are the third most important supplement behind protein and pre workout. They can be consumed at any time since they are usually stim free and help build muscle while cutting fat. I saw great results when I took them!

• REP

Along with Mike's response, I will never NOT take BCAA's. I kind of did an experiment to see if they actually did anything a while back. When MAN Sports first came out with their aminos and CP started carrying them, I ordered it to try! It helped with my recovery, I wasnt tired, and helped with fat loss as well! After I finished my container, I stopped taking them to see if they effected me. I was always tired, I lost muscle due to cardio, and held onto more fat than usual. Definitely take BCAA's and you cannot go wrong with MAN Sports!

• @Gabriella-Capogreco the only downside is that BCAA's do not aid much in recovery , performance, or endurance. as stated in research that recently just came out.

Minimal Data to Support BCAA During Caloric Restriction

http://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12970-016-0128-9

The study reports a statistically significant change in fat mass for the group supplementing with BCAAs, but not in the placebo (isocalorically matched carbohydrate [CHO] beverage) group. However, this outcome is paradoxical with the results. Table 2 states that the BCAA group lost 0.6 kg of fat mass while the CHO group lost 1.4 kg.

The resting metabolic rate (RMR) dropped significantly in the BCAA group (412 kcal/day) but not in the CHO group (no data presented).

” Given the maintenance of lean body mass and the loss of fat mass in the BCAA group, and the loss of lean body mass and the apparent loss of fat mass in the CHO group, the RMR should have decreased in the CHO group but not the BCAA group

As noted in a recent review by Morton et al. [5], there is a paucity of evidence supporting a beneficial effect for BCAA supplementation in promoting increases in muscle protein synthesis or lean mass, and in fact there might be a detrimental impact given that the AAs appear to antagonize each other in terms of transport both into circulation and likely into the muscle.

As noted in our acknowledgements, performing heavy resistance exercise while following a strict hypocaloric diet is difficult, to say the least. Thus, there is a paucity of peer-reviewed work looking at reduced caloric intake, amino acid supplementation, body composition and muscle performance.

^^^

Xtend Perform and Xtend and ISO-Amino are all great products, but for the most part if we are meeting proper protein intake in the 24 hour period it wont be necessary. BCAA's are just free form of protein which is already met via whole foods. If you are lacking food or protein from whole foods then BCAA's would be best utilized between meals spaced 4-6 hours apart or prior to fasted training.

Xtend by SciVation

See other Aminos

ISO-Amino by MAN

See other Aminos

• I was hesitant about trying them because I wasn't 100% sure if they worked or not either. I will say this, I have used Amino IV for over a month now and like how it extends my energy in my workouts. It is not a stimulant pre-workout but as an intra-workout it does help during that last 30 minutes.

Amino IV by PEScience

See other Aminos

• I always take Aminos. I'm currently addicted to ManSports Aminos. I use them mainly during fasted cardio, well before cardio. With dieting, I believe taking Aminos is so crucial. Plus, with ManSports Aminos, the flavors are amazing and help so much with curbing cravings. They aren't too sweet either, which in my opinion is nice.