Fitness Apps and Logging

• REP

Hey guys! I was looking for an app to log my diet and fitness routines to keep track of my progress and make sure I'm on the right path of where I want to be, but I don't really like MyFitnessPal because it doesn't calculate lifting as burning anything and mainly focuses on cardio.. 😩 I've stumbled across a few that look like they have potential but I was wondering if anyone has any good suggestions they really like? Thanks so much in advance y'all! 😃

#TeamCPNE |The gains don't stop unless you do! | CPCush.com

• REP

@Cassie-Cushing I use Jefit + Google Fit to tack my lifting. Jefit is designed for lifting and has a great database for exercises, though you may have to manually add some or find an alternate name for them. I've switched to Google Fit for all my cardio tracking and since it integrates into MFP it will port any cardio kcals burned and all I have to do is add lifting as cardio (GASP!).

I bleed Red and White. #GoPack
    www.cpwolfpack.com

• My Macros +

Team ScoobyPrep
    Scivation/Primaforce Online Represenative

• REP

@cpbrendan That's so helpful, thank you so much!

• REP

@TheSolution Thank you!!

• REP

@TheSolution said in Fitness Apps and Logging:

My Macros +

AYE, That's what I use!

#TeamCPNE | 213 lbs | https://www.campusprotein.com/#_l_1kg

• REP

I have a Fitbit. It tracks HR so it understands that you burn more calories during weight lifting. So when I sync it with MyFitnessPal, it adjusts the calories based on what I have actually burned, not on just how many steps I take in a given day. It will even take calories away when I have a lazy day.

I lift stuff

• MyMacros+ for sure! And I also have a fitbit for tracking exercise calories :)

Morgan Kube
    mkfittCP.com

• I use my macros + too! Best out there in my opinion. My fitness pal is good too but only if you get the paid version otherwise it just gives you percentages. Also, anyone check out Avatar Nutrition? Layne Norton, the macro God, helped create it. It's like a nutrition coach that adjusts your macros after your weigh in every week depending on body type goal etc pretty cool. It's $10/month unfortunately but way cheaper than a coach. I just started using it but I'll give you guys an update later.

• Best part of MM+ is the ability to copy meals day to day and customize meals. You can on MFP too, but you cant do them to different meals. have to be the same meals.
    Jason did a great job on a huge database of cooked and raw foods too. Real easy to search and imput.

Team ScoobyPrep
    Scivation/Primaforce Online Represenative

• @Cassie-Cushing I use MyFitnessPal and I also use my Fitbook. It allows you to track your workouts, meals, and even down to how you feel that day. It comes in a 12 week booklet. It's super helpful, especially if you like to have a hard copy of your info as well as an electronic version.It's also small so you can take it in the gym, carry it in your purse or whatever without being in the way.

• REP

I use my Macros!!

• REP

@astrahle oh my goodness that sounds awesome! And so helpful, thank you so much I've been wanting a FitBit for a while now but that just makes me want one even more!

• REP

@amanda_cos that sounds awesome I'll be sure to check it out, let me know what you think! 😃