Share your story. #CPWhyIStarted

• REP

What's up everybody?

We all have a story and we want to hear them. As a college student or not, we all have a reason or a driving force that has led us down our path into fitness. Maybe you were unhappy with your appearance, maybe you fell in love while training for another sport, or maybe it was simply love at first set. Regardless of your story, we want to hear it. #CPWhyIStarted.

Nick Findley
    CPNick.com

• REP

#CPWhyIStarted

I played hockey for 15 years. When I went to college, I initially decided I didn't want to play because I wanted to experience new things. Throughout this process, I noticed I was very unhappy about everything. I was very negative, and I could find something wrong with the best situation. Everyday for a month my roommate asked me to go to the gym. I figured, "why? I'm not playing hockey anymore, what is there to train for?" Finally, I decided to go. That was the start of it all. I went the next day, and the next, and the next... Until I realized I was feeling really good about everything in my life. My physical appearance improved, my confidence grew, and the people around me took notice. I was simply a better person. This was the person I wanted to grow to be. My Uncle, who is a Clinical Exercise Physiologist told me, "The habits you form in your college years are the habits you will carry with you for the rest of your life" -Dr. B. Findley. For this reason, my future is my driving force. I love this lifestyle and will continue to work towards my goals. I understand the process, and that is why I love it. Since I started, I have won my age group in a USA Triathlon sanctioned race, gained about 30 pounds of muscle, and I have made friends that I will have for a lifetime.

That is my story. #CPWhyIStarted

Nick Findley
    CPNick.com

• REP

I played football since I was in 4th grade and have been around it since I was about 5. My dad was a high school coach. When I got into middle school he started me on medicine/stability ball work and body weight stuff. Then once I got to high school, he made me go to the football workouts. I was frustrated cause I didn't see results so I argued with him constantly. Eventually I did see results and I was hooked.

• I love this thread so much. Throughout most of my childhood I was chubby and had a terrible diet that consisted of mostly fast food.As I got into middle and high school years I started bordering on seriously overweight. By the time I hit high school I was no doubt obese, weighing in at 280lbs at my highest weight. My pediatrician was extremely concerned for my health and I suffered from severe depression due to bullying. I never felt comfortable in my own skin and I would have done anything to feel accepted and loved by others and myself. I loved playing sports but because of my weight I couldn't keep up with the other girls and got very discouraged. During my senior year of high school I decided enough was enough and I wanted to lose weight and get healthy before going to college. I was hoping for a clean set to be able to reinvent myself in college as someone other then " the day girl". I worked my ass off (literally) every day at the gym and focused on a healthy diet. I messed around a bit with vegan and vegetarian diets, but ultimately found that counting macros worked best for me. After successfully losing 100 lbs in a year my issues with weight sadly began teetering at the opposite end of the unhealthy diet spectrum. I wanted to keep losing weight at any cost, and turned to eating disorder habits and endless cardio to lose another 30lbs. Finally, thank god, I discovered lifting and female bloggers such as Nikki B who inspired me to start gaining muscle instead of losing weight. That is also when I started dabbling in preworkouts, proteins and aminos and found campus protein! Since freshman year of college I have made significant muscle gain and even joined my university's Olympic lifting team, which was totally out of my comfort zone but very exciting. My fitness journey has a been a long and complicated one but I'm glad to be in a place of happiness and gains!

• REP

@kparis0723 Awesome story! Congratulations on your success and good luck on your future endeavors. It's amazing what you can achieve when you leave your comfort zone.

Nick Findley
    CPNick.com

• Growing up I was always a little over weight and then once I left High school I really started to gain weight. A couple years after high school I decided to get into lifting and fitness and lost 70 pounds in a year or so. I've been on This fitness journey for about 4 years now and it has changed my life for the better. I became a personal trainer and it is so satisfying to me to help people reach their fitness goals and help them with supplementation. That's why I became a CP rep!!

Aspiring teacher that happens to love lifting and living a healthy lifestyle. amironcp.com

• REP

#CPWhyIStarted

I was obese when I was little, from the ages of 6-14. I was always active, playing soccer since I was 4 and was always outside, but my sister was tiny and I copied everything she did aka I ate more than I could, or my eyes were bigger than my stomach haha. When I got to high school, I started trying to lose the extra weight I had on. I became anorexic/bulimic from the ages of 15-18, or until I got to college. I went to soccer or track practice for 2.5 hours then went straight to the gym to do 2 hours on the elliptical every day. I ate around 300 calories a day and my lowest weight I ended up being was 108 (sophomore in high school). When I got to college, I started to become more into lifting because my gym did not really have a lot of cardio machines (I went to The Ohio State University Newark Branch my first year aka their gym sucked), so i was kinda forced. I researched the hell out of it because I wanted to get better. Now I havent missed a meal or purged in 4 years, I know more about supplements (thanks CP :D) and enjoy lifting heavy. I want to help others realize that starving yourself isnt the answer andddd thats my story! Awesome post, i think this is cool.

• Why did I start? Well, first I was always into fitness and exercising.. the only thing that I was not into were supplements and eating healthier. I will never forget my first experience with pre-workout, it was c4 fruit punch and my friends and I thought it was like drugs. But I started working out and taking it seriously because of my weight-loss. I wanted to live a healthier lifestyle by exercising because I was depressed and I also struggled with obesity. Not only that, but I was pre-diabetic and wanted to make a change. Thanks to campus protein I was actually to get the knowledge on different supplements and had Bill Leahy as my first CP rep who helped me out a lot.knowledge

• I was playing baseball and realized that in order to get better I would need to start training off the field. I walked into my local gym in 9th grade and started working out once a week. I didn't make the team that year but I kept training and loved it. Even after I stopped playing baseball I continued to work out just because I loved it so much. It was weird after I stopped playing ball because my goal to get better at baseball wasn't there anymore. I hope to do a show one day and each day I strive just to be better then yesterday.

• I started in high school after volleyball season because some of the guys that played football said I should lift with them. I had no idea what I as doing but these guys along with some coaches helped teach me proper technique and form. I absolutely loved it. Come tennis season and summer I wasn't lifting anymore but I still liked to run and try to stay fit. Entering college I developed an eating disorder that lead to losing about 15 pounds and my parents threatened to pull me out of school. I decided to fix my bad habits because I knew exactly how to lift and what to do so I just started doing that again. I gained back the weight I lost but I feel better now than I ever did at my lowest weight. It was at the very end of my eating problems that I decided to apply to be a CP rep and ever since I have been lifting and absolutely loving life. #CPWhyIStarted

• REP

#CPWhyIStarted

I started off lifting in high school about once a week because I was running cross country and it was definitely hard running 60 miles a week and trying to workout without breaking down my muscles. Senior year after the season ended I got into lifting, taking protein I bought from GNC (I KNOW, EMBARRASSING RIGHT?!) and making serious improvements to my physique. I soon ran into my friend who was a rep and he said "yo check out campus protein for black friday deals" Originally I had thought it was dumb and that CP didn't have the products I used because I was narrow-mindedly believing the GNC workers about how their mass maker was "the best on the market" little did I know that the statement was far from true. And so began my buying from CP and and now a rep working for the greatest company in the industry! S/O to @ricke56 for introducing me too.

Kyle Federmann
    University of Cincinnati
    Urban Planning/Real Estate Development
    Tel: (513) 377-1663

• #CPWhyIStarted

When I got to college, all I wanted to do was finally get in a gym and lift... didn't happen. I was very sporadic in my gym appearances, soon I fell off the gains map. Then, I became a cheerleader at University of Michigan and I met one of guys named AJ, amateur bodybuilder, strong as heck. Got him to give me a workout regime (smolov 5-3-1) and a nutrition guide and I was hooked! Gains quickly became a lifestyle, one that I make sure to push on the other guys on the team daily. After my first order at CP I knew it was something I wanted to be apart of! Looking through google for a protein and I saw a side-by-side comparison of the pricing between b**************m and CP.. I couldn't resist. Went to the website, checked out the bio, did more research on the company, immediately went back and placed my order! Since reading the bio that day I have been looking forward to joining this team! Damn happy to be here!

• REP

@KFedermann OMGGGG SO EMBARRASSING KYLE. jk proud of you

• REP

I worked out on and off since middle school for baseball but I never took it seriously. I completely stopped after I quit playing baseball my sophomore year of baseball and basically ate whatever I wanted to and began to gain unhealthy weight. I started to pick it up again my senior year, but I mainly did it as an "excuse" to let me party as much as I wanted because I just told myself it would balance out somehow (yeah I was completely wrong). This continued through my first semester of college and then I woke up one day and said "woooow i let myself go" and from there on out it was basically no partying and living in the gym and love the results and have not looked back.

• REP

Being short isn't easy. I started working out in 7th grade, mostly for football. Through high school, football programing lifting was 3 days a week; it was not a good program. Once I got to college, I was able to do things how I wanted and gain so much strength. It has lead me to be a powerlifting. I like lifting heavy things.

#CPWhyIStarted

I lift stuff

• REP

Hey everyone! I'm loving reading all of your stories, they're so inspirational! Seeing how health and fitness has helped so many of you and me only expands my love for it even more. And I'm so glad that there is such a sense of acceptance and community here in the CP fam! My name is Cassie and I'm a Junior at Bridgewater State University. I have been struggling with staying in shape all my life. Growing up I have always placed into the 90th percentile, and I have never not been overweight in my lifetime. Unhealthy eating habits have always surrounded me. And although I don't place blame on my parents, they never exactly monitored my diet because of their busy careers. In middle school, I could hardly even run a mile without feeling overly exerted and nauseous. When I got into high school, my pediatrician told me I had developed athletically induced asthma. I used this as an excuse until I got to college as to why I would never be in shape. One day my grandfather told me that I would "never be a size small", which really got under my skin. Not long after I finally started working out did I realize that it wasn't about my size, it was about my mindset and making healthier lifestyle choices. I have learned that mentality is just as important as a physical drive. Even through my three years of college so far, I have struggled to stay focused, however this past year has been extremely eye-opening for me. Recently my dad was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. My dad coaches Boys' Varsity basketball and baseball at my hometown's high school, so his development of this disease was overall very shocking to me. This has been a very difficult thing to accept but it has also pushed me into the right direction of where I want to be. It's made me realize how much of an impact my diet has on my well-being, regardless of how much work I put in at the gym. Each day I strive to be the best that I can be, no matter how "tired" I am or if I "just don't feel like it" today, because I want to prove the stigma against asthma wrong, and I know that tomorrow is never promised. The grind doesn't stop unless you do. #CPWhyIStarted

#TeamCPNE |The gains don't stop unless you do! | CPCush.com

• REP

I just want to say thank you to @Russell-Saks, @Mike-Yewdell, @Tarun-Singh, everyone at CampusProtein.com and ‪#‎TeamCPNE‬ for helping me get over my self-confidence and body image issues. I've always been on the heavier side and was bullied in high school, not because of my weight just because people are shit heads. This really messed with me socially. First two years of college, I had "friends" but none that really wanted to do more than play video games in the dorm lounge. I went to the gym, but really didn't know what I was doing and my diet didn't help. I really didn't start getting serious until my junior year. I started going to the gym regularly and started to get to know more people in who frequent there. Unfortunately, I was still too DYEL for them to really recognize me or were supportive. At my lowest point, I honestly thought I was unattractive because I wasn't in a relationship and was rejected by the people I asked out, pathetic I know. This pushed me to do something I am no proud of and turned to apps like Grindr to feel wanted and attractive. Only a few people I trust enough to tell knows that, not even my parents.

By the middle of my spring semester, I joined CP. By interacting with y'all, I've learned a lot about fitness, nutrition, and bodybuilding. I feel like I've met a group of people who are supportive in each other's fitness goals and other life goals. Now that I have been out of college and am in the "real world" for almost a year, my self confidence and body image has improved, I'm making gains and getting leaner, and starting to feel better about myself. Though I'm still too DYEL to wear a stringer to the gym and some of the people at my gym intimate the fuck out of me, but I hope to get to the point where they're 'mirin. I finally have a group of friends where we do things on a regular basis. Hopefully after I put on a good amount of size, I hope to compete in either men's physique or if I'm big enough, classic physique. I know this is very ranty and I don't pull the amount of sales that some of y'all do, but I finally wanted to share how Campus Protein has helped shape who I am.

I bleed Red and White. #GoPack
    www.cpwolfpack.com

• REP

I have played football since about age 6, and have loved it ever since. I have always worked out for football and that grew into lifting for size and to get a certain build. Upon the beginning of the Junior year of high school I decided to pursue a commission into the United States Army as a Military Police Officer, and then to pursue a career as a police officer. I obtained admission to THE Virginia Military Institute, and am currently pursuing a contract with the Army. I played football at VMI my freshmen year but will not anymore as I want to focus on the Army. So my fitness journey and goals are mostly focused around getting into the best shape I can for the Army and to get the best opportunities I can with them.

• #cpwhyistarted

I started my weight loss journey in 2014. In 2014 I went to the Doctor and I was 270 lbs, at that point i decided i needed to make a life style change. I started my then by walking everyday, and then by being more active and making my friends be more active and play more sports, (we now have a weekend league where we play all kinds of sports). In the winter of 2014 I found lifting, and started to lift as a way to stay active in the winter months and became addicted. I now weigh 190 lbs and I am in the best of my life and striving every day to get better and be better I still have a long way to go to reach my ultimate goal, but I'm getting closer every day. My journey has had its ups and down (and so has my weight) . And for those out there like me trying to lose weight set goals, realistic goals, small goals because reaching those small goals is still a success and reaching those small goals pushes you closer to your long term goal. For anyone who has questions or wants to talk weight loss I'm always here.

Dream big and work hard
    Blood, Sweat, Respect

• @flick93 Great Job! Really inspiring!!

• #CPWhyIStarted

Two years ago, I was not only sickly skinny, but DANGEROUSLY skinny. I was weak, lethargic and overall, my health was a mess. I was constantly ridiculed, called names and if I had a dollar for every time someone told me to EAT A FREAKING CHEESEBURGER, I would be filthy rich. Those things hurt me, they hurt me deep. Everyone talks about fat shaming, but for a girl who could not help her weight, "skinny shaming" is just as hurtful in my opinion. When I told people I couldn't help it, they typically replied with, "Boy, I wish I had your problem.." No, no you don't. What a lot of people didn't realize, was that I was extremely sick with gall bladder issues and had trouble eating/digesting almost anything in general, let alone the fat and greasy food that everyone wanted me to eat. Many times, I would get physically sick after eating, therefore it got to the point where I never wanted to eat at all simply for the fact of how miserable it made me. Eventually though, I was able to have my gall bladder removed, and as soon as I got out of that hospital, I was ready to change my life. As silly as it may sound, I followed a few fitness instagrammers that really inspired me and that was all it took to start learning what I had to do to reach my goal, become a healthy weight in a healthy way. So I kicked my butt in gear, did my research and began lifting. I learned as much as I could about lifting, nutrition and fitness in general. I had a goal, and I was going to achieve it. There was a lot of trial and error, it wasn't always rainbows and butterflies, there were times where I was extremely unhappy with my body because I thought I was too fluffy, but then I realized that was all a part of the process. I became comfortable with having a little fluff in order to put on muscle, I knew that body fat was more than necessary to make me healthy again. I continued pushing through, becoming stronger, more confident and ultimately much happier than ever before. Lifting took me from a girl having NO confidence whatsoever, to more confidence than I ever have. That's another thing I wanted for myself, was my mental health back. I started to put on healthy weight, body fat, yes but also a good bit of muscle mass. Finally, the ridicule turned into compliments, the questions went from "are you anorexic?" to questions asking for advice. It was a complete 180. I'm not the leanest chick in town, but I have muscle. I don't have the highest PR's, but I'm proud of the ones I have. And no, I definitely don't have the "cleanest" diet, but my nutrition is on point 85% of the time. Where does that leave me? Healthy, strong and happy. That's exactly where I wanted to be. Now that I've reached that goal, I'm setting more and I won't stop until I reach them. Weight loss is EXTREMELY difficult for a lot of people, but let me tell you, putting on healthy weight from where I started wasn't a walk in the park either. Fitness isn't a fad for me, its a lifestyle, its my passion, it's where I've become myself again, it's where I have found confidence again, it's what not only changed my life but saved my life. Not a lot of people can be happy with saying "I'm 20 pounds heavier than I was two years ago," but I'll shout that from the rooftops compared to where I used to be. People still think I'm crazy and always question my love for fitness but I don't care, I'm just gonna keep doing me. I always say, "it's not about being the best, it's about being better than you used to be."